Marketing, Technology, and OEM Sales
A network security hardware and software company was having difficulty winning sales against a
much larger competitor. Over several years, technical advances by their competitors had reduced
their competitive advantage. They needed an infusion of new technology that would clearly
differentiate their solution, allow them to regain market share, and position them as high-value
target for acquisition.
- The Masterful team performed primary research on the underlying product technologies
and technology trends in the market in order to clearly understand the market dynamics.
- This research led Masterful to create a new product design that was:
- Easier to use
- Cheaper to manufacture
- Higher profit margin
- More scalable
- More transparent
- Based on defensible intellectual property newly developed by Masterful for this
- Masterful created a revised Product Requirements Document that reflected the required
- The company's product roadmap was changed to reflect a new company direction for
their security strategy that was focused around this product.
- Masterful secured meetings with new potential partners to discuss partnering
- These meetings resulted in a new relationship with a multi-billion dollar partner who was
interested in reselling the current product as well as the new product that had been
specified by Masterful.
- The work by Masterful led to an extension of an existing OEM relationship to encompass
the new product initiative and significantly increased the Client's product sales.